Re: Viable alternative to Yahoo

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 21:05:28 -0500, you wrote:

On 24/01/2016 3:46 PM, David @DWH [TekScopes] wrote:

I am not surprised the web interface has issues. I sometimes check to
see if email post are congruent with what is shown through the web
interface. I regret not having a viable alternative to Yahoo.
I've seen comments like this a few times in my short tenure here. How
serious is the sentiment? What would be the preferred format: e-mail
list or website forum?

I have the facilities to effect this, if it is actually a serious desire.
I doubt anybody is going to pay for it except voluntarily.

It would not be a replacement unless it support both email and web
access. Personally I have no idea how people put up with web access
to technical discussion forums but it is a good feature to have for
less experienced users. At the same time it is a lot less convenient
and useful than a simple email list server.