Re: help wanted ..console port or service port for TDSxxx

David DiGiacomo

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 3:54 PM, <bddicch@...> wrote:

Hello can someone help me out and tell me how to connect to the console port from my tds scope.
it is the 2x10 edge connector on the processor PCB.

building an adapter to connect the RS232/Centronics board (option 13) to that connector. required pin assigment is:

Console port -Opt Board - Signal Name
A10 - 1 (D24)
B10 - 3 (D25)
A9 - 5 (D26)
B9 - 7 (D27)
B8 - 2 (D28)
A7 - 4 (D29)
B7 - 6 (D30)
A6 - 8 (D31)

B1 - 21 (A1)
A1 - 23 (A2)
B2 - 25 (A3)
A2 - 22 (A4)
+5V 24 (A5)
GND 26 (A6)

B5 - 12 (INT#)
B4 - 15 (IOCS#)
A5 - 16 (SYSRESET#)
A4 - 17 (RNW)
+5V - 18
+5V - 11

A8 GND
B6 +5V

but these are the pins from the console port connector. My question howto connect to this port to my laptop and open a terminal console over the RS232 port.

The option 13 board has a DB9M connector on it:
http://www.qservice.tv/vpasp/shopexd.asp?id=8987

You just hook up a DB9F to DB9F serial cable between the board and the
laptop's serial port: http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=448