Re: Hello from new member w 2465A issues

The oscilloscope does not need the AC line capacitors to operate so I
would remove them for now and verify that there are not other
problems.

The inrush current limiter, RT1016, is *after* the capacitors so check
the condition of the fuse.

On 25 Jan 2016 06:46:42 -0800, you wrote:

Hi David,

You are right, two large paper caps on the AC board have burst open - those were the bangs I heard. The main rectifier caps (in the black plastic holders) seem to be okay. I'll need to research the current limiter you mentioned. In your experience, should I replace all the capacitors like some people have advocated on Youtube or just the two broken ones?