Re: OT: QService components

Malcolm Hunter

On 25 January 2016 at 14:01, Barry n4buq@... [TekScopes] <
TekScopes@...> wrote:

I've ordered from them with no problems. I assume what you got was a spare
part pulled from an older piece of gear (as that's a lot of what they
sell). I figure they don't take time to clean/restore items like that and
the residue is from the item's past life.

Of course, if this were something like a knob, etc., any residue would be
fairly easy to remove and a fan might be a bit more difficult. Good luck
with it.
​I received several items, all individually sealed in grip seal bags. They
all have a faint whiff of smoke and the jiffy bag it was shipped in smells
of smoke too. ​I'm not too bothered as long as I it's not too pungent when
the fan is fitted and running. It's just disappointing - not what you
expect from a business these days.

Malcolm