Re: OT: QService components

Marian B

Putting the smelly stuff into a bag with some (cheap!) coffee powder (I
used cheap coffee ground very finely, like espresso, to great success)
for a week or two usually helps.

Pro: Doesn't smell like tobacco anymore
Con: Tends to smell like coffee

Some plastics take longer than others. One of the used Weller tools I
bought took nearly a month in the bag until the silicone cabling didn't
smell like a chainsmoker anymore. Replacing the coffee powder every week
helps, too.

Cheers,
Marian

PS: Yeah, in a town nearby there was also a small electronics shop
operated by someone you could easily confuse for a chain-smoking Gimli.
He was very nice and would always help you troubleshoot circuits and
kits right on his counter. I think he died a few years ago :/

On 25.01.2016 14:06, Stefan Trethan stefan_trethan@... [TekScopes] wrote:

Lol, we had a very small electronics mail order here, over the years
you could smell how his habit increased.
The man is out of business now.

Better be careful or they'll get you for not paying the import duty on
your tobacco products ;-).

ST

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:34 PM, John Clark johnclark05@...
[TekScopes] <TekScopes@...> wrote:
No, it's not you. I've found the same smell in the two items I've
ordered too. It's pretty bad.

John

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.