Re: Tek 2215

Tothwolf

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016, David @DWH [TekScopes] wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 22:11:50 -0600 (CST), you wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016, David @DWH [TekScopes] wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 18:56:02 -0600 (CST), you wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016, jasontucker70@... [TekScopes] wrote:

I used new manufacture carbon comp resistors for the 1M ohm resistors, however after the discussion on the list, I picked up some high voltage rated film parts that I plan to replace those with the next time I have the scopes opened up.
The Vishay VR25 and VR35 series high voltage film resistors are very similar if not identical to the high voltage film resistors which Tektronix used to replace the carbon composition resistors originally used in the 22xx series focus chain. They are readily available and inexpensive.
That's what I'm planning to install. I picked up 100 Vishay VR37000001004FR500 for $13.60.
Lol. How many 22xx oscilloscopes are you rebuilding?
So far I've done 3 but I might rebuild one or two more 22xx scopes if I manage to find them cheaply enough. At 6ea for the 3x 2213 scopes I have that's already 18 out of the 100, and as useful as these resistors seem to be, I plan to keep some stock of them in my parts cabinets. For whatever reason the 1% parts were cheaper than the 5% too.