Re: Tek 2215

Tothwolf

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016, David @DWH [TekScopes] wrote:

The focus resistor chain is just a common point of failure in the early 22xx oscilloscopes and if you have to order parts like the aluminum electrolytic capacitors, it might be worth ordering the resistors and changing them also.
The 18k ohm 1/4W resistor used for the focus control located just in front of the HV multiplier is also problematic. I also replaced a handful of other carbon comp resistors on the preregulator board which had drifted and plan to replace a couple more on the main board with carbon film and metal oxide parts.

I think Tothwolf <tothwolf@...> has a better idea about parts and pricing but we need to know which version of the power supply you have. My guess is that the total cost should be less than $20.
With the price breaks for buying in bulk, the preventative maintenance parts for my 2213 scopes were just under $20.00 per scope. Buying in smaller quantity, based on my old spreadsheets, I suspect the total will be closer to $25.00.

I suppose since these scopes seem to be turning up more often, I should work up a parts list with both Mouser and Digi-Key part numbers.