Re: Tek 2215

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 15:10:37 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016, David @DWH [TekScopes] wrote:

The problems you describe would apply to any oscilloscope which has been
physically mistreated. You may need to find a parts donor to replace
any damaged hardware. The potentiometer shafts are stainless steel and
can usually be straightened.
The 1/8" center cal shafts on these scopes are some sort of
fiberglass-epoxy material. They use a shaft coupler to connect them to the
cal pots so they could be replaced.
Those are the exception which I guess I should have mentioned. On the
other hand, I do not think they can be bent without breaking them.

On some Tektronix instruments, the shafts for the variable controls
are metal.