Re: Tek 2215

Tothwolf

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016, David @DWH [TekScopes] wrote:

Welcome to the group.

The problems you describe would apply to any oscilloscope which has been physically mistreated. You may need to find a parts donor to replace any damaged hardware. The potentiometer shafts are stainless steel and can usually be straightened.
The 1/8" center cal shafts on these scopes are some sort of fiberglass-epoxy material. They use a shaft coupler to connect them to the cal pots so they could be replaced.

I am fuzzy on the details on the 2215 but there were a series of modifications made to the power supply and an important change to the CRT heater voltage to improve reliability. Those should be verified to see exactly what you have.
Yes. One of my scopes still has a dim CRT due to the original owner using it for a long time without doing the filament voltage modification.

http://strudel.ignorelist.com/~tothwolf/photos/Tektronix_2213/Misc/

The early 2213 and 2215 scopes lacked the pre-regulator boards which IMO would just about mandatory for these scopes to be reliable.