Re: Tek 2215

Welcome to the group.

The problems you describe would apply to any oscilloscope which has
been physically mistreated. You may need to find a parts donor to
replace any damaged hardware. The potentiometer shafts are stainless
steel and can usually be straightened.

I am fuzzy on the details on the 2215 but there were a series of
modifications made to the power supply and an important change to the
CRT heater voltage to improve reliability. Those should be verified
to see exactly what you have.

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 20:32:40 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

I have a Tek 2215 not 2215A scope coming and it needs some work .. The power button is stuck on and the handle will not lock into place because there's a few plastic knobs broke off or bent.Are these common problems ?? Also I have read a couple places that these have some issues,is there anything I should replaced or rebuilt before I put it to normal use...