Re: TDS754A printer compatibiliy

Tothwolf

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016, edbreya@... [TekScopes] wrote:

Thanks Tothwolf, I found one of my printers is an HL-2070N, and it worked right off the bat with the output printer type set to Laserjet. This may be the only one that takes PCL and has a Centronix port, so I'll have to take good care of it. I'm hoping I have another one of these buried somewhere.

I thought you mentioned in your other post that you had some maintenance info on these. If so, I'd sure appreciate anything you can send me.
I've emailed the files to directly to you off-list. These are great printers for single sided black-only printing and can do 1200 dpi at 20ppm. Brother rates the drums for these printers at 15k pages, although I've taken some up to 20-25k pages before needing to replace them. Aftermarket drums are available in the $10-14 range. A complete refill of the toner cartridge can cost as little as $5 or less and is good for 2500+ pages.