Re: TDS754A printer compatibiliy

Tothwolf

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016, Dwayne Verhey tekscopes@... [TekScopes] wrote:

Or you could connect a newer USB printer to your legacy equipment with one of these:

http://www.ipcas.com/products/centronics-parallel-to-usb-printer.html
The HL-2040 has both a parallel and a USB input.

The problem with using the Brother HL-2040 with the TDS754A is that the HL-2040 only works in GDI mode, which I guess the TDS754A can't use. I suppose it might be possible to use something to convert from PCL to GDI, but doing so would require the use of some sort of small computer. Probably just easier to save a GDI only printer for use with Windows/Mac/Linux and use a PCL compatible printer with the TDS754A.