Re: TDS544A status

Ed Breya

Thanks Jay,
It's good to know these are available, but I'd be reluctant to get a new HVPS since the CRT isn't too good anyway. I can't look at it anymore now, but I recall that when it went through all the weird patterns at POST, there was one that lit the whole screen, and it clearly has some phosphor burn of various lines where the traces sat for long times.

I'd be more inclined to go with an LCD panel upgrade, but it probably isn't worth it on this scope. On the 754A it probably would be, if its display craps out.

Ed