Re: TDS544A status

stefan_trethan

It can never hurt to open it up and have a look.
Except in those cases where you damage something in the process of course. ;-)

Even if there is nothing to be found at the very least it will give
you some idea what to expect when things do go wrong.

ST

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 5:04 AM, edbreya@... [TekScopes]
<TekScopes@...> wrote:
Now I'm getting paranoid - I just remembered that lately the 754A display sometimes has slight flickering in the display shortly after power-up, and then would be OK after warming up a bit. I hope this is not a sign of impending doom like a flaw in the HV transformer that gets worse as happened in the 544A. I'm thinking about maybe opening it up to see if there's any evidence of HV leakage on the outside of the transformer.

Ed

Posted by: edbreya@...

Yahoo Groups Links