Re: TDS754A printer compatibiliy

Tothwolf

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016, edbreya@... [TekScopes] wrote:

I tried the laserjet and almost every other one too, but it didn't work with the Brother HL-2040. I'm wondering if maybe the printer's communication and format settings can be changed via a PC hooked up to it. I don't recall ever seeing any explicit provision for that in printers, since the drivers usually take care of all the details.
According to the user manual, it looks like the HL-2040 only supports GDI. The 2070N supports PCL, Epson FX-850 and IBM Proprinter XL emulation. See pages 2-1, 2-17, A-2 and A-3

https://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocuments/Consumer/Users%20Manual/UM_HL_2040_2070N_EN_1289.PDF