Re: Advice for stripped torx

bill koski

If the head isn't completely rounded out and a chance that a driver can grip it at least a little there is a jell with little bits of carbide in it that helps the driver grip what's left. I think the stuff I have is called First Try . Couldn't find a link for that (bought mine many years ago) but there is a product called Screw Grab that I got a lot of hits on the net for that I believe is a similar product. I know the stuff I have works great. I've used it on Phillips head screws that had barely anything left to grip and have gotten stubborn screws out. Have also used it on Allen screws. Where it really works well is when you have a tight one that still has a good head. A little dab before you strip it out helps save both screw and bit in many cases.