Re: 475 Time Base Setting Problem

John

John:

The 475 uses a second "fast" ramp generator, commencing at 0.5uS/dic: see manual section 3.14. (second paragraph). I'm focused on your earlier puzzlement as to why P5-5 is still at c 0.6V? in the faulty modes: S8 opening is one key to indicating the change in ramp generator. Your slow sweep correlates with S9 only, hence earlier comments. I find the topology very confusing. See Fig 3.6 which shows the "Fast" and "Slow" Miller integrators.

Are you sure? It looks to me like the .5uS setting opens switch #8 so the only way to get voltage is through all the series resistors and Switch #9.