Re: 475 Time Base Setting Problem

John Clark

I understand, Raymond. I really appreciate the help you, and everyone else, has provided already. I've got a lot of time in studying the diagram and checking what I can with a DMM. I don't expect anyone to put in the hours I have. I just thought if there was someone out there who knows more about the circuit than me they might be able to explain what I'm seeing before I tear into removing those boards.

John

To: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
From: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 06:42:17 -0800
Subject: [TekScopes] Re: 475 Time Base Setting Problem

My time is very limited at the moment so I've avoided following your detailed description...

I'll try and see if I can confirm what you're saying re. circuit paths and voltage.

AFAIK, the 'scope is still operational so it should be easy to get an idea about timings. I'd expect them to be several 10's of off if there's a problem iin the integrator. OTOH, good values (few %) would be further support for the sw. pos. 9 circuit failure.

If the timings are sort of ok, even in positions where the voltage isn't understood, I would leave trying to understand that for later.

Still, I'll try and follow your description of the low-voltage findings.

Raymond