To: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
From: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 06:20:35 -0800
Subject: [TekScopes] Re: 475 Time Base Setting Problem

> However, even if it was out of its detent it would still get some amount of voltage from R1070, right?

Sure, anything between +50 V and +15 V.

Either R1083 or R1084 has effectively gone o/c. is my hunch

Definitely, since sw. pos. 9 and its circuit still is a strong candidate. The sudden and complete failure of the affected timings speaks for a broken R over a bad switch contact.

It may still be worthwhile to check whether the working tim/div settings are correct within a few %.. If they are, I wouldn't worry about the close-to-zero (wrong?) voltage you find even at those apparently working speeds.

After all, there might be a failure somewhere in the integrator that allows it to operate at all but the highest-ohmic settings. If most timings are ok, that possibility becomes very unlikely.

Raymond