Re: SG504

On 05 Nov 2015 22:47:46 -0800, you wrote:

Can I use my 1.5Ghz DSA-815-TG to evaluate the condition of the signal at the SG504 in terms of its 'leveled' amplitude as its a pure sine wave? Hopefully it won't need to be 'serviced'.
No. As far as I can tell from the DSA-815-TG specifications, it could
have more than twice the amplitude flatness error of the SG504. A
sampling oscilloscope or sampling RF voltmeter could work though.

Or should I dive in and go after any electrolytics and tantalums that might be worth replacing?
I would only change solid tantalum capacitors if one or more have
shorted. I would at least consider changing any aluminum electrolytic
capacitors.