From: mailto:TekScopes@...
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 8:28 AM
To: TekScopes@...
Subject: [TekScopes] Re: HV probe where did I go wrong

Maybe I don't understand the issue correctly, but it seems to me that the
HV probes, when connected to the scope input, will have the correct
termination & attenuation without using any external resistors. If you
used an external resistor in series with the probe output, then that
explains why the input got zapped, because no division of the HV is
happening with the voltage divider being open-ended.
HankC, Boston
WA1HOS

Posted by: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@...>

Yahoo Groups Links