Re: OT: Chinese electronics quality - automotive diagnostics

bill koski

An alternative if you have a Garmin Nuvi series GPS for about 90 bucks you can buy an Eco Route adapter for it. Plugs into your OBDII port and transmits back to the GPS. It will read any codes, you can reset the codes and get real time readout of some of the sensors. It's supposed to be left plugged in and it's supposed to teach you how to drive more efficiently. I've never used it for that but it's been handy for checking out my and my friend's cars with OBDII systems. Just Google Eco Route HD or search on Amazon. Make sure it's compatible with your model Garmin