From: "Stefan Trethan stefan_trethan@... [TekScopes]" <TekScopes@...>
To: "TekScopes" <TekScopes@...>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 6:49:17 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Multimeter Calibration and Voltage Referance

I don't think a chemical voltage standard would be all that useful,
since the voltage does change as they age.
In a cal lab they would be periodically compared wih a superior
standard, and they'd keep track of that change.
So if you got an old dusty standard cell somewhere that change may not be
known.
Also temperature and stuff has a big influence.

I think there are some reasonably accurate semiconductor references
for sale on Ebay and elsewhere, in the $40 range.
Those may well be your best option for checking or calibrating low end
multimeters.

ST

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Gary Robert Bosworth
grbosworth@... [TekScopes] <TekScopes@...> wrote:
Henryk:

I have seen certified voltage standards at some of the companies where I
worked. They usually had their voltage stamped on the outside to 5-digit
accuracy and traceable to the National Bureau of Standards. Perhaps you
could find one of these cells on eBay.

Gary
On Mar 27, 2015 3:13 AM, "henasau@... [TekScopes]" <