Re: RM503 ongoing repair saga T620 UNWOUND.

ykochcal

Chuck

Everything I have seen is consistent with what you have said here.

But for the gap size.

I went back and re-measured because I did quite a bit of cleanup after the
first set of measurements.

The 503 core that I have the two sides are not the same.
One half all the legs, left/middle/right are equal length.

The other half the middle leg is .013" to .015" shorter. Which is less then
the .018 reported from my earlier not as clean test, most likely from epoxy
on the two left/right legs that have the other epoxy that held the .020
plastic spacer in the outer two legs, the center was fairly clean from the
start.

That would match your measurements, if you mean each core half middle leg is
ground 0.007" lower and the total gap with two matching sides in there
actual position would have a total center gap of .014"

When I did some tests on the core with the saturation tester you can push
the two together and really change the curve if they are not very tightly
taped.

John