Re: 454 LV Regulator Repair

Roger Evans

My 454 has a similar problem with the Ch1 variable control. There is a flexible coupling (nylon I think) just before the shaft of the pot and this has developed a crack in such a way that the pressure of the grub screw is not transferred to the shaft, the nylon bends instead. Also the shaft is tight so that the coupling slips. Tightening the brub screw just bends the nylon even more. The best I could do was get it in the calibrated position and leave it there. Replacing the nylon coupling looks like a major strip down but I would be delighted if anyone knows better!

Roger