Re: Anyone replaced the battery in a DS1286 RTC?

tss_steve_990

Thanks for taking the effort to do that research.
I believe that your suggested solution of adding a crystal and battery to a
DS1284 is the best solution. I get a fresh battery for the least hassle.

On January 21, 2015 at 1:21 PM "David Wise david_wise@... [TekScopes]"
<TekScopes@...> wrote:

[I'm coming in late, and have not read the whole thread. Sorry. If I say
something that's already been disproved, let me know offline.]

For what it's worth, I skimmed recent negative feedback comments on the three
sellers (in Hong Kong and China) who have moved over 200 parts in total, and
not a single complaint is about a DS1286. About 1/4 of the complaints ARE
about fakes of other parts, however.

That doesn't mean they aren't re-marked to fake a recent date, just that if
so, nobody's tumbled to it.

If I was in your predicament, I'd buy a DS1284, spread the legs to .720", and
glue a crystal and battery onto its back.

Dave Wise