Re: 2335 vertical issues (2335/2336/2337 service manual needed)

Dave Casey <dcasey@...>

The method would depend on the materials used in that hybrid, which is
something I don't know.

But yes, there are some things that can be fixed (I'm thinking of internet
examples of reflowing BGAs on XBOX and PC motherboards) in a conventional
household oven if you know the recipe (or have nothing to lose by trying
to derive it).

Dave Casey

On Sat, December 13, 2014 7:55 pm, system100m@... [TekScopes] wrote:
Hi, thanks ! I was able to narrow it down to that IC, switching between
the same IC on the two channel and verifying the problem does "move" to
the second channel once switching them. I was able to source on for 35$,
but as well was wondering if the IC itself can be repaired. It's an
hybrid, the top is a plastic cover while the bottom of the part has some
kind of transparent "glue", protecting the inner board. What would you
suggest to be able to remove this protection layer and cover, and
hopefully to 'repair' that unit ? and what 'baking' means ? does it mean
literally having it heated in an oven ?

There's an old trick fixing a similar type of IC named 80017A (which is a
synthesizer part). The trick is sinking it in acetone over night and then
taking all vinyl layer off, 'cleaning' it. That does the trick most of
the times...