DC508 1GHz Counter

henasau@...

I acquired DC508 counter Opt1. It works fine from direct input but 75-1GHz input is not connected to the circuit. I couldn't find DC508 1GHz manual. I downloaded DC508A 1.3GHZ instead. The DC508A appears to have x3 PCB's: main board, resolution multiplier and prescaler.

My unit only have two boards:main board and resolution multiplier board. The 75-1GHz BNC connector is not connected to anything. I wonder maybe the difference between DC508 and 508A is in the prescaler board hence 1GHz vs 1.3GHz, just guessing.

Can anyone please confirm if this the case or I am missing the prescaler board in my unit. The main boards appeares to be nearly identical.

Henryk