Re: Homebrew scope

Mark Wendt <mark.wendt.ctr@...>

On 10/01/2014 12:36 PM, Bert Haskins bhaskins@chartermi.net [TekScopes] wrote:

I've built several, two from scratch, and some that were almost totally
reworked heathkits.
Things are much easier if you start with a low deflection voltage CRT
like a 3WP1.

Most of the "cheepy" scopes got their high voltage from a winding on the
power transformer
and this is just so bad on so many levels.
I had some very good "dumb" luck in adapting flybacks from small TVs for
this purpose.

My first real scope was a Raytheon (Cosser) 50MHZ portable which is
still working well today.
My first good Tek, I don't put 2213/15(s) in that spot, was a 465M which
I now have too many of.
As a side to Mark Wendt, did you work with any "M"s in the AF?

Like many others on this list I'm now trying to "thin the herd".

Bert
Bert,

"M's"? Was that a specialty AFSC?

Mark