Re: 370A floppy drive?

I think the most reliable floppy drives I used were the old single and double
density 5.25" drives. Data loss was much more common on earlier 8" drives,
5.25" high density drives, and 3.5" drives.

On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 16:32:51 -0700, you wrote:

That being said, I would never use a floppy for long term storage, it is not a robust system. But it is the available method provided by Tek to transfer curve trace data from the 370A onto aother computer so it can be archived and included in reports. The floppy in the 370A was a great improvement that made this possible. It was fantastic when we could stop taking pictures of the CRT screen.