Re: Tek and IBM

ehsjr

On 2/27/2014 11:51 AM, John@... wrote:
The 453 was, I believe, designed at IBM's behest. They must have bought
large quantities, and the "Property of IBM" was photo-anodised into the
front panel. The variant was called up as MOD210H, and the only other
difference I'm aware of (compared to a "standard" 453) was that they
were supplied with 3 metre probes. These scopes sat in a cupboard at
the premises of IBM mainframe customers, and were brought out for
maintenance: not sure which elements of the installation this involved,
but perhaps disc or tape drives?

John
We used the 453 on everything in 360 and later, 370 installations - CPU, disk, tape, printer, card reader, punch, whatever.

Ed