Re: OT: X-band doppler water leak detection

Don Black <donald_black@...>

How about listening to the ceiling with a stethoscope. Since the object is to locate the leak you might hear the water dripping.

Don Black.

On 22-Feb-14 12:49 PM, KeepIt SimpleStupid wrote:

Ed:

All I can offer is the existance of GPR or Ground Pentrating Radar.  See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-penetrating_radar  I would suppose that those services could be purchased.  Aparently, from what I read the harder part is interpretation of the data collected.

Ferrofluid - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrofluid  I have no idea.

Thermal imager and hot or cold water.

Just ideas.

So, does anyone have any info, knowledge, or experience in this, or is there a better way? I know that there are ultrasonic leak detectors for gases, so I could rig up the loop to be tested with air instead, but then the ultrasonic emissions would have to be detected through layers of wood either way.
Ed