Re: Critical of Tektronix (was Tek 570 curve-tracer)

Dave Wise

From: scoper796 [mailto:tekscopes@telus.net]
[snip]
Yes, I know whereof you speak. In fact, I stopped buying 3A6 plug-
[snip]
little tiny wire is accessible, but I have had no luck getting the
varnish off it and soldering it. But that would work. I have bypassed
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but aspirin is a pretty
good varnish remover. It's the acid. Lay the wire on an
aspirin tablet, hold your breath, and heat with a soldering iron.
The varnish should disappear quickly. Now wash off the acid
residue, and you're ready to tin the wire.

Dave Wise