Re: CRTs on Ebay

Michael A. Terrell

Don Black wrote:

Hello Michael,
I agree with all you say, I'm aware that NTSC is the standards committee rather than the colour standard but NTSC is what the colour standard has become known as (at least outside the US).
I take your point about the US colour standard being capable of good results if all is well, however if you haven't experienced the two systems in operation you don't know just how much "hardier" and more stable the PAL system is. It takes truly awful reception to notice hue changes with PAL.
As I said, I have great respect for the development of the NTSC colour system , the fact it remained in use for so long speaks volumes.
I've seen PAL TV with PAL video tape. I wasn't impressed.