Re: OT LOL

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Come on, look on the bright side. Perhaps he can't speak English.

Happy New Year.
Don Black.

On 01-Jan-14 3:56 PM, Dennis Tillman wrote:

Damn! Everytime I think I have everything, someone has to show me something like this video to make me realize I need to live another hundred years to be able to do all the things I want to do.

In addition to a very complete machine shop he appears to have a professional glassblowing laboratory, and a knowledge of electronics. Plus, he speaks French!

Sigh! How I am going to explain that I need a glassblowing laboratory to my wife?

Dennis

PS Clearly, if he can make a vacuum tube he can adapt a pen to fit a plotter. I don't think it took him more than a minute to figure out how to do that. The only question I have is whether he thought about making the holder out of blown glass or out of machined metal. He probably could have done either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Koller, Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:03 AM

Chuck is correct. The relevant footage is near the end of the video where he tests the tube. Link is here in case Yahoo lost it for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzyXMEpq4qw

Just a lathe? There were little "wings" on the pens that twist-lock into the holders. I supposed I could start with a rectangular piece of stock and turn all but the wings. Anyone have one of these little pen adapters?

Dan

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:21 AM, Chuck Harris wrote:

>He is referring to the little video on the making of a triode
>in Paillard's home shop. In the video he draws the traces of
>the new triode using a home made manual curve tracer, and an
>HP flat bed plotter. I think the pen is not a ball point, but
>rather a felt tip, or roller ball pen. HP used to make an adapter
>to the old Flair (tm) style... an easy job if you have a lathe.
>
>-Chuck Harris
>
>gerard_constant wrote:
>>
>> --- In TekScopes@..., Daniel Koller wrote:
>>>
>>> Of relevance to the HP group, did anyone notice Paillard is using a standard
>>> ball point pen in a vintage HP plotter? Â Nice trick. Â In fact, all very
>>> nicely done!
>>>
>>> Â Dan
>>
>> Interesting !! Where did you find that ?? A quick web browsing does not show me
>> anything useful ?? Thanks

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.