-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Koller, Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:03 AM

Chuck is correct. The relevant footage is near the end of the video where he tests the tube. Link is here in case Yahoo lost it for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzyXMEpq4qw

Just a lathe? There were little "wings" on the pens that twist-lock into the holders. I supposed I could start with a rectangular piece of stock and turn all but the wings. Anyone have one of these little pen adapters?

Dan

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:21 AM, Chuck Harris <cfharris@erols.com> wrote:

He is referring to the little video on the making of a triode
in Paillard's home shop. In the video he draws the traces of
the new triode using a home made manual curve tracer, and an
HP flat bed plotter. I think the pen is not a ball point, but
rather a felt tip, or roller ball pen. HP used to make an adapter
to the old Flair (tm) style... an easy job if you have a lathe.

-Chuck Harris

gerard_constant wrote:

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Koller <kaboomdk@...> wrote:

Of relevance to the HP group, did anyone notice Paillard is using a standard
ball point pen in a vintage HP plotter? Â Nice trick. Â In fact, all very
nicely done!

 Dan
Interesting !! Where did you find that ?? A quick web browsing does not show me
anything useful ?? Thanks