Re: on-line stores wannabe

Don Black <donald_black@...>

I need a few knobs and parts for a 7504 and 7A18.

Don Black.

On 19-Nov-13 12:40 PM, Dave Daniel wrote:

That sounds like a good idea. I have a long list of 7K items I want, but if I had to buy a bunch of them at once, I'd have to have some way of prioritizing what I bought because I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford to buy all the ones from my list at one time.

Cheers,
DaveD

On 11/18/2013 12:02 PM, cheater00 . wrote:

Hi Jerry,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 6:07 PM, jerry massengale wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In trying to clean out my old 7k stuff I am coming to realize that I have thousands of parts that the 7k people could use. I don't want to throw them away and quantities for most items is too low to make most store packages reasonable. They charge more for having a large number of different items.
>
> Does anyone have a solution store? I have most knobs and pots itemized but still have so many more semiconductors, cables, harnesses,etc.
>
> I am looking for junk 2465s to buy or trade. I have most of the 7514 boards available.
>
> Jerry Massengale

Put everything in a spreadsheet for people to download. The
spreadsheet should have an item id, and a price.

In a web shop, have a single "variable payment" item that costs 1
cent. Have them figure out the price, order the right amount of the
1-cent item, and include a list of things they want to buy from you.

This works well and I've seen sellers use this in various places.

If this works out for you I expect some highly-precise 7k junk on my
doorstep as a consulting fee. ;-)

Cheers,
D.