Re: Somewhat Off-Topic -- Reversed Electrolytic Capacitor

ebrucehunter

Magnus,

I mentioned this to the group because in my sixty years in electronics, this is the first time I have encountered anything like this.  The instrument is a PRD 680 calorimeter indicator -- basically a high-gain DC mechanically chopped DC amplifier.  I acquired this about eight years ago, but assumed that it had a successful career somewhere before that.  I am currently experiencing a problem with the unit, but it is not with that reversed-polarity DC filament circuit.

Regards,

Bruce, KG6OJI