Re: WTB: Tektronix Current Probe

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Hello Bob,
                    I'm interested in your probe if nobody else wants it. I tried sending you an email but it bounced as unknown (might be Yahoo playing tricks). If interested can you reply to me off list please at donald_black@...

Thanks, Don Black.

On 30-Oct-13 12:38 PM, Bob Albert wrote:

I have an old Tek current probe with amplifier that needs TLC.  It works but the waveform isn't right.  I think the problem is in the jaws of the sliding part.

I'd sell it to someone who'd try to fix it.

Bob

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:54 PM, "iglesia_cristiana_arpas_eternas@..." wrote:

Hi Charlie..a low cost low frequency solution is DIY converter a low cost AC Clamp ammeter,
Just remove all..and put suitable magnetic wire turn, terminated in low value bladder resistor in a bnc connector.
Use the minimum possible  turn/bladder R, suitable for good low frequency limit's.

Perhaps will  work well to 20Khz or more.
The diameter of the clamps is proportional to the current to measure..the original range will give you a good idea about.
Gabriel.

---In tekscopes@..., wrote:

As an alternative to a current probe, you can probably get by with a low value
series resistor and differential probe.

On 29 Oct 2013 12:33:05 -0700, you wrote:

>I am currently working on a stepper motor control circuit design and I need to monitor the current waveforms in the stepper motor coils. Does anyone in the group have a Tektronix current probe they are willing to part with for a reasonable price?
>
> I would prefer a Tektronix A6302 current probe with an AM503 current probe amplifier. I already have the TM500 mainframe that is required to house the AM503 amplifier. Or, if you have one of the two components of this probe system, I would be interested in that as well. As a third option, I could make do with a Tektronix P6021 probe with the passive terminator.
>
> If you are willing to part with any of the items identified above, please respond to me directly with a description of what you have, its operational condition, and the price you want for it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charlie

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.