Maximum slew Speed

Andreas Exeler

Hi,
after update to the last version is the maximum slew speed limited.
it looks like dependent from the Gear, Steps per Rotation and Mirco Steps value.
Befor update i hat a Maximum slew Speed value from 800x not i cant get higher then 625x.
Is this correct?
Greets
Andreas

Hello Andreas:

I will try to reproduce. What is your gear please?

François

On 07/12/2022 08:34 CET Andreas Exeler <andreas-exeler@...> wrote:

Hi,
after update to the last version is the maximum slew speed limited.
it looks like dependent from the Gear, Steps per Rotation and Mirco Steps value.
Befor update i hat a Maximum slew Speed value from 800x not i cant get higher then 625x.
Is this correct?
Greets
Andreas

Hello,
I had the same problem after my last updates. From 800x before and 625x after. Gear 1:2700 RA and 1:2000 DEC.

Am Mi., Dez. 7, 2022 at 16:08 schrieb François Desvallées via groups.io
<fdesvallees@...>:
Hello Andreas:

I will try to reproduce. What is your gear please?

François

On 07/12/2022 08:34 CET Andreas Exeler <andreas-exeler@...> wrote:

Hi,
after update to the last version is the maximum slew speed limited.
it looks like dependent from the Gear, Steps per Rotation and Mirco Steps value.
Befor update i hat a Maximum slew Speed value from 800x not i cant get higher then 625x.
Is this correct?
Greets
Andreas

Charles

Yes and this right. Teenastro in the previous version has selected the smallest gear to compute the max speed. Now it takes the largest gear value
2700÷2000= 1.3
800÷625 = 1.28...

And it explains why the highest value is smaller

Charles

Le mer. 7 déc. 2022, 18:06, Jürgen Lemke via groups.io <juergenspost=yahoo.com@groups.io> a écrit :
Hello,
I had the same problem after my last updates. From 800x before and 621..5x after. Gear 1:2700 RA and 1:2000 DEC.

Jürgen

<fdesvallees=mailbox.org@groups.io>:
Hello Andreas:

I will try to reproduce. What is your gear please?

François

On 07/12/2022 08:34 CET Andreas Exeler <andreas-exeler@...> wrote:

Hi,
after update to the last version is the maximum slew speed limited.
it looks like dependent from the Gear, Steps per Rotation and Mirco Steps value.
Befor update i hat a Maximum slew Speed value from 800x not i cant get higher then 625x.
Is this correct?
Greets
Andreas

Andreas Exeler

Hi,
my setup is: Stepper 0.9°=400 steps, gear=1:432, 32 Microsteps, on both Axis.
Greets
Andreas

Charles

Ok then let take me a look this evening