Hailey-Hailey Disease Support (TalkHHD) TalkHHD@groups.io
This group is dedicated to the mutual support and encouragement of those suffering with Hailey Hailey Disease (Chronic Benign Familial Pemphigus) and their friends and families.
HHD, Hailey-Hailey Disease or Chronic Benign Familial Pemphigus, is a genetic acantholytic skin condition resulting from a mutation on Chromosome 3 that encodes the protein ATP2C1. This protein is responsible for Calcium Ion transport in a part of the skin cell called the Golgi Apparatus. HHD patients only make half of the protein correctly and this deficiency makes their skin more fragile. Although the long form of the name contains the word "pemphigus", HHD is NOT an autoimmune disease and there is no circulating autoantibody.
This group supports and is supported by the Hailey-Hailey Disease Society, a USA non-profit IRS 501(c)(3) corporation. If you wish to know more about this condition you can visit our website at HailyHailey.com.
This support group and our website are funded by generous volunteers.
Help keep TalkHHD@groups.io and our Hailey-Hailey website going!
Donate to the HHD Society using PayPal securely by clicking below:
IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Public Charity &
Michigan Registered Charitable Trust #CT 35381
Support us when you shop at >>Amazon Smile<< !
- 884 Members
- 6,206 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their messages.