Which microphone?

Keith Maton <keith@...>

In the UK we don't get the DTMF microphone supplied with the D700E.

A friend in the USA is going to get me one, but I need to know what model
mic is supplied with the TM-D700A

Thanks

73 de Keith
--
Keith Maton, G6NHU
feek@bigfoot.com

John Shinall <k4yk@...>

--- In TMD700A@egroups.com, "Keith Maton" <keith@b...> wrote:
In the UK we don't get the DTMF microphone supplied with the D700E.

A friend in the USA is going to get me one, but I need to know what
model
mic is supplied with the TM-D700A

Thanks

73 de Keith
--
Keith Maton, G6NHU
feek@b...
ICQ: 1776683
Get paid to surf the net - I do! See:
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=JHA-413
- Careful with that Axe

The mike you want is the MC-53DM Multi-function Microphone with DTMF.

73,

John, K4YK

van_oler@...

Speaking of TM-D700A microphones, I went to extend mine using an RJ-45 category
5 network cable and a female to female RJ-45 coupler.
Although the connector pins ohm out as being one to one, the cable doesn't work.
The cable is a pre-made network cable, 12 feet long, with RJ-45 connectors at
each end. The cable, and coupler, using an ohmeter have pin 1 connected to pin
1 on the other end. No pins interconnect.
It seems that this should work to extend the microphone, yet when it is
connected the receive audio is muted and the radio draws 8 amps current.
Any suggestions?
Van
KI7AL

"John Shinall" <k4yk@arrl.net> on 06/11/2000 04:00:16 AM

Please respond to TMD700A@egroups.com

Sent by: "John Shinall" <k4yk@arrl.net>

To: TMD700A@egroups.com
cc: (Van Oler/MTN/US/3Com)
Subject: [TMD700A] Re: Which microphone?

--- In TMD700A@egroups.com, "Keith Maton" <keith@b...> wrote:
In the UK we don't get the DTMF microphone supplied with the D700E.

A friend in the USA is going to get me one, but I need to know what
model
mic is supplied with the TM-D700A

Thanks

73 de Keith
--
Keith Maton, G6NHU
feek@b...
ICQ: 1776683
Get paid to surf the net - I do! See:
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=JHA-413
- Careful with that Axe

The mike you want is the MC-53DM Multi-function Microphone with DTMF.

73,

John, K4YK

Free @Backup service! Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online. Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4935/9/_/674382/_/960721227/

Thomas M. Schaefer <toms@...>

That is exactly how I extended my cables. I even made the cable myself, so
it should work.

Tom

[...]

To: TMD700A@egroups.com
cc: (Van Oler/MTN/US/3Com)

[...]

How about a flat, no-fee long distance rate of 6.7� per min. -
or less? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you rates which
fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3820/9/_/674382/_/960828046/

n0hzn@...

I made just such a cable and it worked fine. In fact I have 2 of them, one
approx. 6 ft and another approx. 12 ft. Check your coupler.

Scott Weis <kb2ear@...>

Get a cat 5 ethernet coupler or a fliped cable. I had the same trouble when
I used a coupler from Radio Shack.

Scott

[...]

To: TMD700A@egroups.com
cc: (Van Oler/MTN/US/3Com)

John Hansen <john@...>

At 02:30 PM 6/12/00 -0400, you wrote:
Get a cat 5 ethernet coupler or a fliped cable. I had the same trouble when
I used a coupler from Radio Shack.

Scott
Do most folks find that they need to add RF chokes to the extension cable (I notice that this is included in the overpriced extension cable kit from Kenwood)? I'm contemplating about a 5 foot extension.

Thanks,

John W2FS

Keith Maton <keith@...>

Thanks to all. My mic is now on order.