Topics

Value of TM D700A

Larry J. Ford K4AEC

Anyone know what the "going rate" would be for a fully-functioning Kenwood TM-D700A rig?

I have one, working fine, but would like to "upgrade" to the TM-D710X series, and would like to sell this one first.

Complete with OEM mic, accessories, and manuals.

Thanks.

Larry J. Ford
K4AEC

Tom Schaefer NY4I

I believe I sold mine to a friend for $100 a few years ago. It served me well and was 16 years old or so at the time so I got more than my money’s worth out of it.

But take a look at QRZ and QTH.com to see what recent ones has fetched.

Tom NY4I

727-437-2771

On May 14, 2018, at 11:08 AM, Larry J. Ford <lford@...> wrote:

Anyone know what the "going rate" would be for a fully-functioning Kenwood TM-D700A rig?

I have one, working fine, but would like to "upgrade" to the TM-D710X series, and would like to sell this one first.

Complete with OEM mic, accessories, and manuals.

Thanks.

Larry J. Ford
K4AEC

Larry J. Ford K4AEC

If the "going rate" is only $100.00, I'd just keep it as a back-up!

Thanks.

Larry J. Ford
K4AEC

I believe I sold mine to a friend for $100 a few years ago. It served me well and was 16 years old or so at the time so I got more than my money’s worth out of it.

But take a look at QRZ and QTH.com to see what recent ones has fetched.

Tom NY4I

727-437-2771

On May 14, 2018, at 11:08 AM, Larry J. Ford <lford@...> wrote:

Anyone know what the "going rate" would be for a fully-functioning Kenwood TM-D700A rig?

I have one, working fine, but would like to "upgrade" to the TM-D710X series, and would like to sell this one first.

Complete with OEM mic, accessories, and manuals.

Thanks.

Larry J. Ford
K4AEC

Tom Schaefer NY4I

As I said, it was to a friend so I made concessions based on getting that much life out of a radio I bought years ago. I literally had not taken it out of its box in 5 years as I have a D710. I decided a while ago that a radio in a box did no one any good and I would rather a newer ham get to use it.

As I suggested, check QRZ and QTH.COM to get real numbers on what they have sold for recently.

Tom NY4I
727-437-2771

On May 14, 2018, at 11:15 AM, Larry J. Ford <lford@...> wrote:

[...]

Steven Hays KA9MOT <ka9mot@...>

$300 maximum for a nearly perfect (G), with box, manual and everything that came with it.
I've seen them for $200 in various levels of condition.
I'm a huge fan for the TM D700 and TH D7A.  At one point I had 5 D700s and 7 D7As. I tend to hoard.

73,
Steve KA9MOT

On Mon, May 14, 2018, 10:20 AM Tom Schaefer NY4I <thomasmschaefer@...> wrote:
[...]

In the appraisal business, that transaction would be an "out-lier" or less than "arms-length" transaction and would be disregarded in arriving at an estimate of value, but thanks for your reply.

I am checking on-line sources for comparisons.

Thanks,

LJF
K4AEC

I believe I sold mine to a friend for $100 a few years ago. It served me well and was 16 years old or so at the time so I got more than my money’s worth out of it.

But take a look at QRZ and QTH.com to see what recent ones has fetched.

Tom NY4I

727-437-2771

On May 14, 2018, at 11:08 AM, Larry J. Ford <lford@...> wrote:

Anyone know what the "going rate" would be for a fully-functioning Kenwood TM-D700A rig?

I have one, working fine, but would like to "upgrade" to the TM-D710X series, and would like to sell this one first.

Complete with OEM mic, accessories, and manuals.

Thanks.

Larry J. Ford
K4AEC

Chris Quirk

looks like $250 to $300 max just went through some auction site. Not to bad for an old radio

Chris Quirk
W6CJQ
WQXZ997
925 202 1198

On Monday, May 14, 2018, 8:20:11 AM PDT, Tom Schaefer NY4I <thomasmschaefer@...> wrote:

[...]

Lou

Amateur radio prices and completely arbitrary IMO... everyone seems to think they have good with old radios having very little depreciation, which IMO seems silly.  Too bad cars were not like this.

On May 14, 2018, at 11:42 AM, Chris Quirk via Groups.Io <w6cjq@...> wrote:

[...]

Price erosion on used radios occurred when the China radios showed up amazing  the impact that had. dual band ht for less than $50 OK I know off topic sorry

Chris Quirk
W6CJQ
WQXZ997
925 202 1198

On Monday, May 14, 2018, 9:02:33 AM PDT, Louis - <lciotti@...> wrote:

[...]

I think the "Plus" for the TM-D700A is that it has the built-in TNC and APRS, which, to my knowledge, the "cheap" Chinese Dual Band mobiles do not have (yet).

LJF
K4AEC

I believe I sold mine to a friend for $100 a few years ago. It served me well and was 16 years old or so at the time so I got more than my money’s worth out of it.

But take a look at QRZ and QTH.com to see what recent ones has fetched.

Tom NY4I

727-437-2771

On May 14, 2018, at 11:08 AM, Larry J. Ford <lford@...> wrote:

Anyone know what the "going rate" would be for a fully-functioning Kenwood TM-D700A rig?

I have one, working fine, but would like to "upgrade" to the TM-D710X series, and would like to sell this one first.

Complete with OEM mic, accessories, and manuals.

Thanks.

Larry J. Ford
K4AEC

merlin@...

The value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it.

John Huggins

The value of something is what someone is willing to, and capable of,
paying for it.

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 9:34 PM, <merlin@...> wrote:
The value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it.

k1lpi

Going rate on eBay for full radio with control head and cables is $300 plus or minus.
Radio without control head $200 to $225