Usb to db 9 adapter 11/18/17

WD8ARZ <wd8arz@...>

Yes, have used usb to db9 adapters with the TMD-700AG and it works just fine. You should be able to find most any cable / adapter you want here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DYNNUS8?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_img

On 11/18/2017 3:07 PM, LeonardKeepers Leonard.Keepers@comcast.net [TMD700A] wrote:
thank you for the help. i will have to try it again.has anyone tried
using a usb to db 9 adapter with this software.

Leonard KB3NL

LeonardKeepers

thank you i have an adapter that works just asking how it would do with the 700a programming.

Leonard

LeonardKeepers

hello group about a week ago we talked about the mcp 110 software,well today i loaded it on my windows 10 machine,but cannot get the software to read from the radio. i am using a db9 serial cable to usb adapter, keyspan.i have never used the keyspan on windows 10 and i am wondering if i need to load a driver for it.when i try to read from the radio i get(communications error something =0.any ideas or suggestions please thank you

Leonard

R. Patrick Ryan

Leonard

Normally drivers are needed for most USB-serial port adapters. Not familiar with KEYSTONE.

 If this is not recognized by Windows, try the manufacturer's pages on the web for drivers!

Now, do you have a serial port tester?  Great troubleshooting aid.
B&B Electronics Manufacturing still sells them, here is the DB-9 version

RS-232 MINI TESTER

==
I have been using Kenwood MCP programs through Win 95, 98,  XP, 7 and now 10.

I usually use a Win7 desktop or old laptop computer that works fine, and it has a serial port, and it quickly recognized the radio on a direct RS-232 Cable.

The small Win10 notebook computer was a bit balky, until I reinstalled the software in a Kenwood folder, NOT the Win10 Program folder. !!!!!!
I use a dual serial port to USB adapter, and it recognized the USB-serial adapter first off, and automatically downloaded drivers.

Then I tried with the radio connected , no go!  Rereading all things about Kenwood radio programs:
turn the radio ON  within 1-2 seconds after you start the MCP program in Windows.

Again, turn the radio ON 1-2 seconds after you start the MCP program under any Windows (XP/7/10).

Good luck!

73 de Pat KC6VVT

R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT, ASEC/IL, OES/IL, Grid: EN51lf,
email: kc6vvt@...
Facebook for ham related:  http://www.facebook.com/KC6VVT/info

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 1:48 PM, LeonardKeepers Leonard.Keepers@... [TMD700A] <TMD700A@...> wrote:
hello group about a week ago we talked about the mcp 110 software,well
today i loaded it on my windows 10 machine,but cannot get the software
to read from the radio. i am using a db9 serial cable to usb adapter,
keyspan.i have never used the keyspan on windows 10 and i am wondering
if i need to load a driver for it.when i try to read from the radio i
get(communications error something =0.any ideas or suggestions please
thank you

Leonard

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    TMD700A-digest@...
    TMD700A-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

LeonardKeepers

pat thank you. my usb adapter is a keyspan usa-19hs.i have not tried using the adapter on my 10 box until now,i do have a feeling that i might need to install a driver for it.also have a 7 laptop with a db 9 serial port will give that a try.do not have a serial port tester did not know such a item existed.

Leonard