Topics

TMD700A path info KD8ZCM

Jim Collins

Hello Mike, your path should really be changed, while it will work, it's far better to follow the new path scheme.  You'll see this now on aprs.fi: http://aprs.fi/info/a/KD8ZCM

Last path: KD8ZCM>EB5V0R via RELAY,WIDE,qAR,W0FZY-1
It would be advisable to replace RELAY with WIDE1-1. WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 is generally a good path.

So, if you go to menu option: “PACKET PATH (3–B)” and replace what you have with the wide1-1,wide2-1 (as noted above) that would be better.

And better still, if you are keeping the D700 in a fixed location, you can replace wide1-1 with your local digipeater callsign it would be a more direct beacon, so you would end up with something like this PACKET PATH of: KC8XXX-5,WIDE2-1 just replace that fake callsign with your local digi.

WIDE1-1 is best if you are mobile and your first hop always changes.

HTH,
Jim, KA2IWK
Buffalo, NY

MICHAEL SHIREY

OK thanks for the heads up. Like I send I am the new guy here. I'll get that changed, was working off of my default from owners\setup manual.  THANKS

"Jim Collins ka2iwk@... [TMD700A]" <TMD700A@...> wrote:

[...]

Always glad to help out "the new guy", Mike! Enjoy the mode.
73!