Topics

TM-D700A Firmware update/upgrades - SkyCommand

WD8ARZ <wd8arz@...>

Eric, you can check for firmware / software versions / updates at Kenwoods web site:
http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/software_download.html

No updates are listed for this radio. But it was an excellent question to ask about. It is a great radio as is.

Dont forget to explore Kenwoods SkyCommand feature that the TMD-700AG radio does support. Interface it to a Kenwood HF radio such as the TS-480HX that runs 200 watts on hf, and with the Kenwood TH-D7AG or TH-D72AG walkie talkies, you can do HF with your HT. Great for emergency support and  load of fun just to take a walk and check into a twenty meter usb net control station as a pedestrian mobile. This is NOT cross-banding .... the HT will have remote control of the hf radio with a lot of its feature. Change modes, bands, frequency etc etc all from the HT, and no computer is require. You can even turn the hf rig on and off.

73 from Bill -

     South Bend, Indiana
On 5/10/2016 5:39 PM, n2jhj@... [TMD700A] wrote:

I just cleaned off the dust of a D700A that's been sitting in our Search and Rescue team trailer for years. The individual who programmed it left the team long before I joined. Using the programming software from Kenwood, I was able to update the memory channels with current repeaters in the area. I've searched the internet for a couple of hours and have come away empty handed in locating any information on firmware update/upgrades. Do they exist? If so, can someone kindly point me in the proper direction. Thank you in advance! v/r, Eric N2JHJ

N2JHJ

Bill,

 Thanks for the link and info. Well versed in the site as I have a TM-V7A (yes it still works!) and a TH-D72A for a few years. Used to check it frequently for updates before joining the TH-D72 yahoo group. Revisited the site to download the programming software that was used to update the memory channels on the D700A.

v/r,

 Eric

N2JHJ