TM-D700 with Falconsat-3

rickzero64@...

Has anyone been able to use the TM-D700 for Falconsat-3?

I just can't get it going.
Any help would be appreciated.

73,

Rick VK6RK

royldean@...

Rick, might want to try posting in the Satellite forum of QRZ.   There was some discussion there as to how to set up various Kenwood HT's and mobile rigs.

I'm not familiar with the D700's capabilities, but several of us have had good luck with the D710.  Essentially you switch the TNC into APRS mode, 9600, path of PFS3-1.   TNC Rx on one side of the radio, and Tx on the other - and it should work.

Have you attempted it yet?

rickzero64@...

HI Roy,

Yes, I posted the question at QRZ but no replies.

The D700 menu structure and some functions are different to the D710 annd D72/4.
I have tried, but getting nowhere really.  It's setup as you mentioned but no go.
One thing that can't be set is DCD Sense off.  Only options are Data RX or Both RX.

---In TMD700A@..., <royldean@...> wrote :

Rick, might want to try posting in the Satellite forum of QRZ.   There was some discussion there as to how to set up various Kenwood HT's and mobile rigs.

I'm not familiar with the D700's capabilities, but several of us have had good luck with the D710.  Essentially you switch the TNC into APRS mode, 9600, path of PFS3-1.   TNC Rx on one side of the radio, and Tx on the other - and it should work.

Have you attempted it yet?

royldean@...

Well, it's a hack - but one way around the DCD is to tune the Rx "off frequency" for a split second.   If you have yours set to Data Rx, it should effectively fool the TNC into thinking it's clear to transmit.

This works on the D710, might want to give it a shot on the D700.

rickzero64@...

I'll give it a try, thanks.