Topics

TM-D700 Problem

Michelle

I just purchased a TM-D700, it powers on and both busy lights are lit and will not go out even with sq at full clock wise. No xmit or receive, no audio out of speaker. All controls seem to work, you can change freq, bands, menu settings. I did a full reset and that did not help. I hope I didn't buy a door stop, Thanks for looking, 73 Michelle WB8QGR.

Michael Judy <vbmikestds@...>

Hmmm, I dont have that model but maybe pull the mic off the radio to see if the PTT is stuck or something...

KG7MYX

Michelle

I did check that, makes no difference if it is plugged in or not. It is not transmitting.

Michael Judy <vbmikestds@...>

If there is a local ham club nearby I would take the problem in and have someone look at it. Somebody can figure it out I am sure.

73
KG7MYX

R. Patrick Ryan

This problem sound familiar, I think it might be stuck in repeater mode.  Normally, other menu functions do not work while in repeater mode.

DISCONNECT ANY ANTENNA CONNECTION IN CASE ANY SIGNAL RECEIVED IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE INTERNAL MIXER PRODUCING RF Noise, This is a known Mixer issue is some later TM-D700 models due to corrosion internal in the 4 different mixers (VHF NB, VHF WB, UHF NB, UHF WB)

Access Menu 1-7-6 (REPEATER) and select Locked band Repeater or Cross-band Repeater. The default is "OFF"

More info.
If receiving a signal on the TX band, the transceiver switches the current RX only band to the TX band. Before accessing Menu 1-7-6, select the sarne band as the TX and control bands.

Note:
You cannot activate the Repeater function after recalling the same frequency band (VHF or UHF) on band A and B, or while blanking a band display.

Activating the Repeater function switches OFF Automatic Band Change (A.B.C.) or automatic Simplex Check (ASC). The Time-Out Timer is locked at 3 minutes.

After activating the Repeater function, you cannot access Menu Nos. other than 1-7-5 and 1-7-6.

<EXIT CROSS BAND MODE WITH REPEATER HOLD OFF, THEN CROSSBAND OFF>

73 de Pat

R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT, ASEC/IL, OES/IL, Grid: EN51lf,
email: kc6vvt@...
Facebook for ham related:  http://www.facebook.com/KC6VVT/info

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 5:54 PM Michael Judy via Groups.Io <vbmikestds=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If there is a local ham club nearby I would take the problem in and have someone look at it. Somebody can figure it out I am sure.

73
KG7MYX

Michelle

Hi Pat, Thanks for the response. I checked for being stuck in repeater mode, it is not, I put it in repeater mode and your right only access to those 2 menus, when I take it out then all menu functions are there. It will not xmit and will not receive.
Busy indicators on both band are on and will not go out even with sq all the way clockwise, there is no audio out of the speaker at all. I have done a full reset and that did not help. I did not see any corrosion on any of the boards.

73
Michelle
WB9QGR