TM-D10GA xmit on C H-A while Scan CH-B stops Scan

KD7YZ Bob

GM

Subject pretty well states my question.

Somewhere in the setup I may have missed the answer. However, it is not obvious to me.

At the moment, I am scanning a handful of both 2m as well as 440 repeaters. Since I am in a fairly remote or unfriendly "Path" location, I was wondering if I could copy anyone on 440 or any conversations about covid on 2m.

CH-A is on 144.390 and digipeat's a few times.

CH-B is supposed to be scanning.

Every single time CH-A digipeats, CH-B stops and remains stopped.

I have CH-B set to stop on activity for 8 seconds.

Thanks any help

Bob KD7YZ
TM-D7100GA

David Ranch

Interesting... I have something similar but not exactly what you have:

   On VFO-A (the left vfo), I have the TNC in KISS mode

   On VFO-B (the right vfo), I have the VFO in memory mode

If I put VFO-B into scan mode, the decimal point in the frequency number blinks and it scans around.  While I do that, I try sending some UI packets from my packet computer and things keep scanning as expected.  If you disable digipeating on the D710's TNC, things work as you expect?  Maybe try swapping VFOs like what I have and see if it changes anything?

--David
KI6ZHD

On 03/31/2020 06:11 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
GM

Subject pretty well states my question.

Somewhere in the setup I may have missed the answer. However, it is not obvious to me.

At the moment, I am scanning a handful of both 2m as well as 440 repeaters. Since I am in a fairly remote or unfriendly "Path" location, I was wondering if I could copy anyone on 440 or any conversations about covid on 2m.

CH-A is on 144.390 and digipeat's a few times.

CH-B is supposed to be scanning.

Every single time CH-A digipeats, CH-B stops and remains stopped.

I have CH-B set to stop on activity for 8 seconds.

Thanks any help

KD7YZ Bob

Hello David

So, I tried letting CH-B (right-hand as u said) scan.
Then I made the D710 "BCON" (obviously by pushing that button on the face).

Scanning stopped completely.

Next, with CH-B scanning, I had APRSIS32 emit its beacon.

Same result. CH-B stopped scanning.

I did try making CH-A scan while CH-B watched 144.390.
CH-A Stopped momentarily when CH-B digipeated somebody. Then CH-A resumed scanning.
beaconing from either APRSIS32 or D710, in this "reversed" config appears to fix the problem

Though I haven't learned anything.
Presently, I have External-Data assigned to CH-B.

Then there is the position/Channel (A or B) of the Darkened "PTT" indicator. Presently it is on CH-A where the scanning is taking place.

Bob KD7YZ
TM-D7100GA

Joseph Shynn

Have you checked your resume scanning settings?
My B-side (right) will hold its scanning for the duration the A-side (left) transmits it’s APRS packet. Then resumes scanning. My resume setting is “resume after carrier” not a preset amount of time.
Scanning will stop indefinitely with any key push.
I’m using a D710A. Not a D710G.
Hope this helps.

73
Joey VA3GOC

KD7YZ Bob

Hi Joey'
It's taken me a bit to get time to check your suggestion. Sorry.

However, "Carrier" helps ... IF

I make the single frequency APRS 144.390 on the Internal Data Band =B

the External Data Band = A

Then listen and remain on the (Left) Channel-A

and scan on the (Right) Channel-B

This mixture I do not want to use.

I am not sure what the significance of "Internal Data Band" is ... Where does that data go then?

I AM, however certain that the EXTERNAL is the one being used by my SignaLink-USB. When a TNC program wishes to send a packet, to , say, ISS, the D701GA will be keyed on the CH-B .... which is 'supposed' to be permanently monitoring the APRS frequency 144.390 .

Can't have the External key that which is scanning ...

Anyway, I got into this configuration because I put 145.825 "sometimes" on that which is part of the SignaLInk-USB world. Then when I hear ISS, I can have the UISS program key the rig, on the uplink/downlink frequency. This has worked nicely. I just take scanning off .. if I WAS even scanning. I turn to 145.825 memory location on the "B" side ... which is External Data Band too ....APRS on the CH-A-Internal data side keeps on relaying the occasional DigiPeat packets.

My issue began when I wanted to keep scanning while I was doing something on the computer. Every time a Digipeat went, the CH-B side stopped. I was continually making it scan again.

It, however, appears I am relegated to sticking with that problem. Unless I discover what the significance of where the "Internal Data Band" has to be. And what it does in the scheme of things

Thanks for the help.
.

Bob KD7YZ
TM-D7100GA

qp2trz

No worries.

I'm gonna try your set-up and see what happens.

73

Joey