Subject: [TMD700A] software question
To: TMD700A@...
Date: Monday, March 2, 2015, 9:24 PM

I own a Kenwood TM-D700A. I have hooked up my radio
to my computer. What kind of software is good to use when it
comes to using APRS. My radio does a great with APRS by it
self, but I want to use my computer for faster tying with
messaging.  So I am looking for a good suggestion for
this type of software.

Posted by: kd8zcm@...

Mark Wolff

One option would be UIView, http://www.ui-view.net

There's a Yahoo Group dedicated to it's use as well.

Mark / N4MEW
Mark@...

R. Patrick Ryan

I am using APRSIS32 free program on a Win7 computer system on a Kenwood TS-2000 in the shack. This radio has the same internal TNC as the Kenwood TM-D700 series. This software also serves as an  IGate as the program links the RF to the APRS-IS internet system.

Great program for one-line messaging station to station, one line email and even multi-line using APRSlink technique to access WinLink 2000 capability once you have your callsign@...

Google APRSISCE for a free download and the wiki

If you need packet only, no APRS, try RMSexpress from Winlink.org.

73 de Pat KC6VVT

--
R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT Grid: EN51lf

Randy Allen

Another vote for APRSIS32. I use it with a D700 when working net control at various public service events quite successfully. Event coordinators are always interested is seeing where everything is. It also keeps voice traffic on the support nets to a minimum.

It's also what I use for the home station (with a TNC and an IC-2000H)

Not only is it free but it is actively supported by the author and an active user group and mail list on Yahoo.

Hope this helps

73

Randy